Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Holiday Party

I am super impressed with myself. I only had 3 1/2 glasses of wine. Not drunk, but I was nicely buzzed.

The party was at the Maryland Club, an exclusive club (for men, I think) in Mt Vernon. This place is so exclusive that it doesn't even have a website. It's rumored that women (typically) aren't permitted, but that our CEO is a high-ranking member, so he rented/borrowed/demanded the whole building for our party.

This was one of those old school, classy, gorgeous architecture places in Mt Vernon. It's a block away from the Belvedere and two blocks from my old apartment on N Calvert St. It's huge: it is probably fifteen or more Mt Vernon rowhomes long. It seemed like there was always another room I hadn't seen. In each major room there was a bar and a food station. There were meat stations, cheese/breads, sushi, fruit,etc. I had the sushi. The only negatives to the place were the multitude of dead animals on the walls. Name it and it was there - more deer heads that I have ever seen. Luckily, the ceilings were really high, so you had to look up to see them. They weren't in your line of sight.

Anyway, I had a fun time. I was told not to bring a date, and for the first hour or two I wasn't sure that I agreed. Wes had said that he would've come, but like I said, I was told that it's more fun on your own. After awhile, I partnered up with two gals, one who works with me and her friend/date, and we had a blast. Here's a closeup of us below: My New Friends.


There was a dance floor which was packed by midnight. The band started off playing classy crooner-type tunes for the first few hours, and by midnight or so they were playing "She was a brick... house..." Funny. At 1 PM we booked it over the the 13th floor at the Belvedere. We weren't there for super long, but it was such a fun night.

A few photos are below, but more to come when I get pics from K's camera. YES, I got permission from all of these folks before I posted their pictures. ;)
Me and one of the funnest sales reps! This lady harasses me all of the time - I love it!
Me and a gal on my team (Beyonce!) with some super sexy hair!
This is me and a guy that a few people were trying to set me up with. I think I have his number in my purse.


Who does this look like to you? This was the wife of an employee, and it is crazy-weird how much she looks like Beverly D'Angelo from the National Lampoon's movies.


Some new friend love.
This guy was totally sleeping at the bar on the 13th floor of the Belvedere.








(Okay, I lied above, because I did not ask this guy's permission to post his photo.)
The last shot of the night. Nice closeup.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Looks like you had a blast! What fun!

December 10, 2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

Wow. Looks like fun. My bf's old company had the same kind of big holiday party, sans the dead animals on the wall. yuck.

December 10, 2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Double Dogged said...

I'm glad you had fun. I was hoping to see a photo of a hot woman (you) in that hot dress you got for the party. :-)

Double Dogged

December 11, 2006 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home