Monday, March 17, 2008

Let the Games Begin!

No, I don't mean March Madness. I'm sorry, but basketball in any shape or form bores me. I suck, okay. I get it. Now on to my game...

I like to call my game the "Eat-all-of-the-food-in-the-house-before-I'm-allowed-to-go-shopping" game. Doesn't it sound exciting? Well, guess what? It isn't is! Not counting spices and such, here's a quick list of what I think will get me through at least another week and a half.

Main Dishes:
pork loin - 3 meals
pasta - 2 meals
ramen noodles - 7 meals
lean pockets - 3 meals
boxed mac 'n cheese - 2 meals
frozen chicken - 3 meals
frozen salmon filet - 1 meal
oatmeal - 1 meal
two eggs - 1 meal

Side dishes:
rice - 1 meal
cranberry sauce - 2 meals
pineapple chunks - 3 meals
frozen green beans - 2 meals
frozen "stew" veggies - 4 meals

Snacks:
cucumber - 1 meal
frozen waffles - 3 meals
frozen potato skins - ew
one box of jello - yum

4 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

frozen potato?

March 17, 2008 11:50 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Potato skins are ew .... why'd you buy them?

Not a fun game, perhaps, but a cool one -- nice way to conserve the budget n' all.

March 18, 2008 8:06 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

oh, I could so not do that. I can't eat the same type of food twice in a week, really. Like if I've had pasta once, that's it. can't do it again for at least 4 or 5 days. Drives Matt crazy when I say "but I had chicken yesterday!"

March 18, 2008 3:28 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Ramen noodles are not a main dish!!!! maybe when you were in college... I have to say though that I have told countless people about this eat everything in your cabinets thing and I really want to try it. We'll see if that's possible. love you!

March 18, 2008 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home