Saturday, March 29, 2008

Unrested and Uneasy

I wish I would have slept a little better last night - I'm not sure why it wasn't restful. I'm a bit frustrated at that. I met JJT, JWER, B and Katie out in Federal Hill after work (is that area still considered Fed Hill?), and ended up staying out later than I planned. I need to lay off any drinking until Vegas. I just don't like how it's making me feel this week.

So... Vegas. I'm heading there early Tuesday morning, and I don't want to go. I know - you're all surprised because I wanted to go so bad last time... I just hate boarding Antonio and packing, etc, etc. Plus I actually have quite a few important things to accomplish this week, so I'm feeling stressed already, and it's still just Saturday.

I'll be going over CJ's today - she wants me to move to Jarrettsville, so I'll be looking at an apartment near where she lives. I'm sure it's as wonderful as she says, but I really like my apartment, neighborhood, and lifestyle, and moving is a miserable experience. I haven't moved in over three years, and I'm not looking forward to the next time. It's really a lot closer to work, so CJ says I'll save lots of gas money, but if the rest of the expenses don't line up right, then it's all a wash in the end anyway. I don't know... I don't want to be seduced by the allure of a new place when the most intelligent thing for me to do is stay put (I think). I guess we'll see...

2 Comments:

Blogger jwer said...

I, too, stayed out a trifle too late and drank way more than intended and ow my head. Still, was fun.

I was up there (Jarrettsville) the other day. It's far.

March 29, 2008 11:59 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I don't think Jarrettsville is as close to Timonium as you think it is. Plus, the most direct route from where you work is north through the industrial park, east on Paper Mill and north on JV Pike, which is a gigantic bottleneck: a lot of people who work in Baltimore or the County use that route to go home. It's very slow going.

March 29, 2008 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home