Monday, October 06, 2008

Musings

I... am old. I picked up a new prescription last week, and the pharmacist handed me my medication in a LARGE BROWN PAPER BAG. I said, "What's this?" He said, "It's your prescription." I said, "In a bag??" Yep. It's a powder to help my digestive system deal with not having a gallbladder - even though it's been about 12 years since it was removed - but it's still supposed to help, so I figured I'd try it. So I had no choice but to pickup my prescription and walk out of the pharmacy with my meds IN A LARGE BROWN BAG. It's freakish...

On a positive note, after work today I did Jackie Warner's lower body workout on Exercise TV. It was only twenty minutes, but my thighs hurt. (Sorry, Annie - I needed something hard today... no Pilate's.) I think I can probably do that a few times a week... and hopefully tone the legs and backside in the process. My Halloween costume is a TIGHT fit, so anything I can do to tone up in four weeks will be helpful.

I suppose the three Swenson's double cheeseburgers I've had in the last two days haven't helped my cause, huh? Damn.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so you are cheating on me! LOL, actually, you are inspiring me to do more actually. I will have to see if I have "Exercise TV" I am going to try to do some of this other more serious working out. I did Pilates on Sunday, so I owe you a day...but, I certainly owe my body more! LOL...so, what are you gonna be for Halloween. My cousin is getting married that day, so I will be dressed in a gown..lol...
Hugs,
Annie

October 07, 2008 9:42 AM  
Blogger Jim-the Classical Liberal (Views from the Right) said...

MMMMMMMMMMM....Swensons!

October 07, 2008 11:51 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

oh, a galley boy sounds good about now!

October 08, 2008 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home