Saturday, October 11, 2008

Baltimore Marathon

GO LISA! A coworker of mine is running the Baltimore marathon right now - and Antonio and I, Angie and Maddy all spent an hour or more on Linwood Ave to cheer her on. Marathons are crazy, crazy events - the one I did was plenty - but I continue to be impressed with these people who are sweating, grimacing, and exhausted... and how they keep chugging along for some 26 miles.

We saw Lisa around 11:30 or so - looking good and in good spirits. She was about 16 miles in. I also made her a sign, because when I did my marathon I can still remember how awesome it was to see my family cheering me on and holding signs. I certainly hope it gave her an added push.

GO LISA!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i like......

October 11, 2008 1:31 PM  
Blogger CommonWombat said...

Wow. That is weird. You're standing right on my corner, in front of my house. I shit you not.

November 11, 2008 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home